After a too-long hiatus, the band is finally back together! And what better way to celebrate a too-long hiatus than with a too-long show! Seriously, this is the longest show. We, as a nation, have waged shorter wars than this episode. I’m pretty sure, counting this episode, we are now the longest-running podcast (by actual show minutes) on the internet.
In this show!
- Draft Day! The Cubs drafted a 7-foot-tall half-ape that has a blue ox named “Babe” with him at all times. We discuss.
- The Hawks are a win away from advancing in the playoffs, and Dolan is excited and Mike and I really, really wish we were too.
- The XBox One (aka, X-bone) is out, and we talk for a while about that.
- We play Defend Your Tweet, starting with my almost-indefensible tweet. But I’m not making any apologies. It’s a love that dare not speak its name.
- Dolan recaps the entirety of the new Arrested Development “season,” while Mike unplugs his headset and refuses to listen.
- Mike reviews something like 78 movies. I’m not even going to try.
- I review Fast & Furious 6, The Mediocre Gatsby, and Cloud Atlas, but you already knew that.
- NOTE: I’ve so far only summarized an hour of the show. There’s another hour in there too.
My advice would be to listen to this in shifts. 20 minutes here, 20 minutes there, and next thing you know it’s a week later and you’re still listening to the same goddamn show. Entertainment!
Theme music courtesy Scott H. Biram and Bloodshot Records